MALVERN, PA, April 29, 2015 – SEMI-GAS® Systems, the industry-leading supplier of ultra high purity gas source and distribution systems with robust control technology, has expanded the capabilities of its Xturion™ Blixer™ Gas Mixing Blender to now support specialty ammonia mixtures. Part of its premier line of custom-engineered gas equipment, the Blixer™ Gas Mixing System for NH3 / N2 uses a PLC-based system controller to mix external sources of ammonia and nitrogen gases into an internal accumulator tank, with the output then supplied to the process line. This programmable mixing functionality provides efficiency and versatility to operators, allowing them to mix their specialty ammonia gases on-site and in the specific mixing percentages they need, instead of having to purchase costly premixed gas cylinders.
Configuration of the PLC and monitoring of the mixing system is done via an 8” color LCD touch screen interface, with mass flow controllers regulating the volumes of each gas to be blended according to the programmed recipe. The PLC controls pressure and flow within the operator’s preset ranges, ensuring flow cycling that maintains accumulator tank pressure to continuously supply gas to the process line. Other features include:
• An Applied Analytics OMA-300 Analyzer, which provides real-time analytics of the process stream blend concentration. The PLC works with this gas analyzer to create a system which is accurate over the entire flow spectrum, and that boasts improved monitoring capability.
• Blending accuracy to +/-0.15% of the user’s target concentration, verified through live gas testing.
• A static mixing tube and a surge/mixing tank to ensure thorough gas blend mixing, address dynamic flow changes and maintain mix tolerance.
• Stainless steel diaphragm valves for gas isolation and gas mixing control, with check valves to prevent mixed gas backflow.
• A bypass that permits the delivery of a secondary gas supply directly to the process line if for any reason the output from the accumulator tank stops.
• Validation Testing to ensure the system’s purity, performance, integrity and safety. Analytical reports are included to show that the system has met or exceeded SEMI-GAS®’ standard acceptance criteria of less than 100 ppb for Moisture and Oxygen, and 5 Particle counts per cubic foot of 0.1- 0.3 um.
“Our SEMI-GAS® products are industry-renowned to uphold the most stringent safety, quality, and precision demands. But we also strive to deliver additional efficiency and cost saving benefits to our customers whenever possible,” said Jim Murphy, General Manager of Applied Energy Systems. “This newest Xturion™ Blixer™ Gas Mixing System was custom-engineered with that goal in mind. Instead of buying premixed cylinders, now operators using specialty ammonia gas mixes can perform this mixing themselves on-site, and configure and modify mixing percentages as needed – saving time while benefiting from added system versatility.”
About SEMI-GAS® Systems
SEMI-GAS® Systems supplies ultra high purity gas source systems, distribution systems and control technology to leaders in the Semiconductor industry, as well as customers in related industries that seek world-class designs for safety, quality and performance. SEMI-GAS® gas handling systems and equipment are engineered to support manufacturing of the most advanced electronic devices, delivering the highest process purity to improve product performance and reduce overall costs. As the first supplier of micro-processor based automated gas source systems, SEMI-GAS® brings 35 years of gas distribution systems innovation to its customers—and boasts one of the largest installed bases of gas handling equipment today. For more information on SEMI-GAS® Systems, visit www.semi-gas.com.
SEMI-GAS® is a division of Applied Energy Systems, Inc., which designs, manufactures, and installs ultra high purity gas delivery systems in addition to providing precision welding services and field services for high purity piping installations, testing and technical consulting.
Vovéo Marketing Group
610.240.0400, ext. 108
Applied Energy Systems